Sunday, November 2, 2008

Altered Dip, Finger Food Style!

I adore making dip! Warm Spinach and Artichoke dip is the one I usually make and it's delicious. I like to serve it with Trisquits or some kind of wheat crackers but I'm never sure what goes best with my creamy dip. I'd love to do away with the crackers all together!

1 10 oz package of chopped and frozen spinach
1 package frozen artichoke hearts/You can used jarred artichoke hearts
1 8 oz package cream cheese
1/2 cup lite sour cream
1/4 tsp garlic powder
red pepper flakes to taste

Pop the frozen spinach and artichokes in a saucepan with boiling water until they're tender. Drain well.
Mix all ingredients until well blended! Soooo easy and so yummy!

This is a recipe that I altered a bit. The original recipe called for a quarter cup of mayonnaise and a quarter cup of sour cream. I just added more sour cream and eliminated the mayo!

My big idea is to get some store-bought puff pastry and make tiny dumplings using the Spinach and Artichoke dip as the filling. Bake them until golden brown!

Do away with the crackers and never worry about double dipping again!!

0 comments: