Saturday, September 27, 2008

Polymer Clay Obsession!

I recently purchased a large amount of polymer clay at Michael's. I was, of course, at Michael's for something specific but ended up falling for the Sculpey Sale!
I recently began looking for some techniques to teach me the basics of clay and tools I may need to get started creating my very own miniature pieces.
There is seriously a wealth of information on the internet! People are generous with their knowledge and that benefits everyone interested in learning the basics.
I sat down this afternoon, wanting to finish something I can bake later on and found that just messing around with the clay is a great way to learn techniques of your own. I ended up with my clay in balls instead of in the shape of a piece of bake-able art. I know that I need a few tools and some 'liquid medium' and maybe even some translucent clay to start experimenting further.
I already know that this is my next big craft. I won't be able to put it down for a long time! :)

0 comments: